Explore the benefits of the new sustainable line from LAKMÉ
The beauty industry has started recognizing the importance of being environmentally conscious. As consumers, there is a new developed consciousness towards our beauty habits: what we buy, how it’s made and what effects it could have on the environment.
If you’ve been having trouble finding the right, real product lines that check off the eco boxes while satisfying your hair needs, look no further.
TEKNIA by LAKMÉ is a line of amazing hair products that are designed to satisfy specific needs, think sustainably and reduce the negative impact that products could have on the environment.
- Vegan – none of the products contain any ingredients of animal origin, nor ingredients generated by animals, and they are not tested on animals.
- Made with Raw Materials – the ingredients are extracted from organic resources.
- Made with an Eco-friendly formula – the ingredient extraction methods minimize environmental impact; they preserve natural resources and ensure the safety of species.
- Sustainable – from start to end, this line reduces the use of plastic and it’s impact on the environment.
How is this accomplished?
It starts with the extraction of the ingredients.
Each of the different types of products contain natural ingredients. For TEKNIA, the goal was “to find products that are free from synthetic ingredients, silicones and that are biodegradable”.
One of the main ingredients is Kendi oil; sourced from agricultural areas in Indonesia. The Kendi oil is extracted from the Aleurites Moluccana tree that is located in areas protected by local communities in efforts to prevent deforestation.
Many of the ingredients are extracted from organic crops around the world.
As for the scents, each product is formulated with natural essential oils. They evoke a sensory experience of absolute Zen. Some of the aromas include ginger, sage, lemon, fennel and eucalyptus.
The Production Process
After the ingredients are taken, LAKMÉ uses cold production processing, which provide a 27% saving in energy & time.
They reduce their consumption of energy resources by generating clean energy with solar panels. In addition, they use a recycling water system to save water.
The New Packaging
LAKMÉ has created new packaging made from recyclable or sustainably sourced materials. The packaging is made from:
- Green polyethylene, a plastic packaging made from sugar cane.
- Recycled PET, a 100% recycled plastic.
What kind of needs do the new TEKNIA products target?
There are 8 distinct lines within TEKNIA. To be clear, TEKNIA has:
- For all hair types.
- Nourishes hair.
- Leaves them softer and shinier.
- Fragrance of sparkling orange and ginger essential oil.
- Sea water from Brittany, France – contains unique hydrating properties.
- Organic kendi oil from Indonesia – replaces silicones and makes the hair light, silky and shiny.
- Protects hair against harmful pollution and UV rays.
- Protects color and serves as a thermal protector.
- Prevents stressed hair.
- Leaves hair looking nourished, hydrated and shiny.
- Fragrance of eucalyptus essential oil with light floral notes and woody musk.
- 83% increased protection against pollutants.
- Organic Sugar Biosaccharide – protective component, effectively eliminates damage.
- Vegetable oil and whole grain rice extract – combat pollution particles and blue light.
- Can be used for all types of hair.
- Hydrates hair to recover softness and be able to manage hair.
- Polishes hair for a perfect texture and shine.
- Protects hair from frizz.
- Fragrance of ylang ylang essential oil with light floral and juicy fruit notes.
- 68% frizz reduction.
- Biotechnology-derived hyaluronic acids – create a hydrating barrier around hair, reduces random frizz.
- Organic chia seed oil – source of protein that nourish hair.
- For finer types of hair.
- Provides volume and body.
- Reconstruct hair fibers for a feeling of thickness and natural shine.
- Fragrance of petitgrain essential oil and fresh, citric notes.
- 48% more volume.
- Vegan microproteins from organic soy and rice – natural alternative complex to keratin; restores hair from the inside and allows for an easier styling.
- For damaged hair.
- Deeply restores the internal structure of hair.
- Rebuilds and gives strength to hair.
- Reduces breakage.
- Fragrance of geranium essential oil with floral notes.
- Fiberhance, a natural byproduct from corn seeds – reconstructs damaged hair.
- Organic oil from Abyssinia – contains nutritional qualities that enhance shine and elasticity.
- For color-treated hair.
- Maintains depth and tone of colored hair.
- Moisturizes hair.
- 50% more color protection.
- Fragrance of sage essential oil with sparkling top notes.
- Organic acai and sunflower seeds – provides powerful natural protection to combat color loss and damage.
- For all hair types.
- Deeply cleanses hair and scalp.
- Protects from impurities.
- Fragrance of fennel essential oil with fresh top notes.
Main Ingredients – all from Italy
- Lemons from Sicily.
- Red grape from the Emilia-Romagna region.
- Sugars and Malic acids from the orchards in the Dolomites.
- The fusion of these fruits protect the hair and give shine.
- For blonde, white or grey hair.
- Gives hair clarity and a cool luminosity.
- Neutralizes yellow highlights.
- Enriches and hydrates hair.
- Fragrance of lemon essential oil and clear tropical notes.
- White lotus flower from India – has hydrating and softening qualities.
As we collectively begin to make better choices for ourselves and use products with more natural compositions, we will see immense differences in our hair health and in the environment.
The new TEKNIA is a step further in being more sustainable, organic and environmentally conscious.
Let us know what you think about the new line in the comments, or on Instagram with #mybeautyroute and tag us @beautyroute!
Make the shift. Think Sustainably.
‘Til next time!